Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Golden Birthday List!

This isn't even something that I have coveted for the last few weeks, please believe that this is a life time kind of desire. I love the idea of art that you live with, and I am really taken with domestic art, art that is created most commonly by women and that hasn't always been given much credence in the established art world. Things that you could use in your home and yet infuse with your own sensibility and point of view makes me content. And so I would LOVE a quilt for my birthday, but it doesn't have to be for the golden birthday. My darling gf has given us a lovely card as our wedding gift in which she promises to make us a quilt as our gift. Here are a few that she sent me over as inspiration ideas.

From the quilt gallery at FunQuilts.


Spring Rain


Iced Coffee


Color Conspiracy.


Library Books.


Chorus Line.

I love that they are not the same little house on the prairie version that you see everywhere, I imagine that they are true reflections of modern and interesting women creating their own visions in this medium. I love them all, which is your favorite?

No comments: